- Leave your sunglasses at home.
- Wear layers so you can disrobe as you warm up.
- Check that your rims are clean so your brakes will work properly.
- Don a waterproof jacket, pants, shoe covers, helmet cover and long-finger gloves.
- Attach a couple blinking lights to your front and back so others can see you against those grey skies.
- Note the temperature and wind direction and ride into the wind, so you'll have a tailwind on the way home.
- Lastly, if you don't enjoy the zen-like experience of biking through rain and snow, say the heck with it all and curl up on the couch with a good book.
- Or better yet, join us on our Cycling the Big Island in Hawaii tour January 20 - February 6, 2010. We have 1 spot left!
Withlacoochee Winter Ride – December 1, 2012
4 years ago