Thursday, July 08, 2010

Just back from our Finger Lakes bike tour

We're in the midst of a heat wave here in the northeast, but that didn't deter any of the women on our Finger Lakes Wine Country tour from bicycling. Once again though, the beautiful scenery took a back seat to the amazing women themselves.

There was Sandy, whose daughter Ellen talked her into doing the trip with her. Having recently undergone knee replacement surgery, Sandy experienced a personal best every day. She'd never bicycled as many miles in her life!

And there was Julie, who was recovering from a broken foot and discovering that she really could bike hills again.


And Alison and Juli, who may well become the next Food Network star - watch for her!

And Meri and Kathy, who I met 6 years ago in Sicily, and who continue to remind me what best friends are - thank you.

3 comments:

girl rides again said...

Hi

who are these woman with the Sycip bikes? I have a Sycip also and did the Souther Tier this year. I love my bike!

karen in Roseburg Oregon

Jackie Marchand said...

That's Meri and Kathy from San Rafael, CA. Their bikes are custom made and they love them as well!

girl rides again said...

Thanks Jackie
Meri and Kathy are from my hometown county of Marin

all of our bikes custom made by Jeremy and Jay Sycip from
Santa Rosa Ca
say hi to the woman for me