We're in need of a Tour Chef to join our fantastic team of bike tour leaders. Below is a job description. If you know of anyone available to work our Southern Tier cross-country bicycle tour, March 6 - May 2, 2014, please send them our way!
Summary: The Tour Chef will efficiently prepare and cook healthy daily dinners and some breakfasts for 30 women using a trailer kitchen.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Prepare daily menus.
· Prepare or supplement hotel breakfasts when necessary.
· Purchase all food within budgetary constraints.
· Maintain a customer focus while performing duties.
· Prepare a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking on two propane burners in a trailer kitchen and with Dutch ovens and charcoal.
· Take into account all dietary constraints such as food allergies and preferences when designing menus.
· Maintain proper food storage, using two large ice coolers and trailer cupboards.
· Serve meals promptly at an agreed upon time.
· Prepare food for serving buffet-style.
· Manage a sous-chef or other volunteers in food preparation.
· Maintain a clean, safe and sanitary work area.
· Coordinate and supervise the washing of dishes after meals.
· Drive a 15-passenger van pulling a trailer.
· Perform other duties assisting the cyclists and the Tour Guide as needed.
· Have experience developing menus, preparing food, and cooking for small groups.
· Possess a positive attitude and work well with other team members.
· Be able to adjust cooking style as needed to accommodate client needs.
· Be customer service focused.
· Be able to read our cue sheets.
· Be able to reach, bend, stoop and lift up to 40 pounds.
· Be able to work outside in diverse weather and cramped conditions.
· Be certified in First Aid and CPR.
· Have a clean driving record.
· Be organized, adaptable, resourceful, self-motivated, flexible, and have a sense of humor.
· Be excited about helping women accomplish more than they thought capable of.